I can’t believe it is 2020!
We had an amazing 2019. One of my favorite things to do is reflect on the last year and think about all the awesome places were visited over the past 12 months. Without further ado, here is our TOP FIVE OF 2019!
- Children’s Museum of Southeastern Connecticut One of our favorite summer 2019 adventures was exploring children’s museums all over the area – and this one definitely tops our list! We loved the nautical theme that perfectly represented coastal Connecticut! (TCM REVIEW)
- Roaring Brook Nature Center We found ourselves outside exploring a lot this year – and one place that sticks out for us was Roaring Brook Nature Center! We went on a hike, learned about butterflies and wildlife, and did a scavenger hunt around the Nature Center. It was some of the most fun we had this summer! (TCM REVIEW)
- Kid’s Workshops at Home Depot During the colder months, we were always looking for something to do indoors. And this monthly FREE activity at Home Depot was a great way to stay inside but keep our child busy with his hands. We see lots of these workshops in our future! (TCM REVIEW)
- The Springfield Museums Up for a road trip? Admission to the Springfield Museums includes not one BUT five different museums including a science museum and The Seuss Museum! You can easily spend a full day here learning and playing. We packed a picnic lunch to enjoy in the Quadrangle and explored three of their five museums. This is definitely a must-do road trip for 2020! (TCM REVIEW)
- Riverfront Park in Glastonbury We can’t finish out our list without mentioning this amazing playground! Not only was this one of our reviews of 2019 but it was also one of our reader’s most liked as well. There are two playgrounds, both fully enclosed, as well as hiking trails to the Connecticut River. Spring will be here before we know it and this is definitely a playground that should be on everyone’s list! (TCM REVIEW)
I will be busy these next few days making some plans for our 2020. What would you like to see next on our blog? We love reader suggestions!