Thank you to Disney on Ice and Regan Communications Group for sponsoring this post to Disney on Ice Presents Celebrate Memories at the XL Center.
This weekend, Disney on Ice: Celebrate Memories skated into Hartford at the XL Center. We were invited to opening night on January 16, courtesy of Disney on Ice and Regan Communication Group. The show continues all weekend- if you have not picked up tickets yet and are on the fence about going, let me just say, Do It!
After a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious vacation to Walt Disney World this past spring, my son is excited about all things Disney, especially that mouse. So I knew he would be in for a great night at Disney on Ice!
The XL Center was an amazing venue for this event. The rink is huge and honestly, there is not a bad seat in the house.
Without giving away the whole show, I have to say that Disney on Ice: Celebrate Memories definitely kept everyone entertained. I was honestly impressed that my son stayed seated the entire time. This kid was captivated!
There were many special moments all night long- and if you are a Disney fan, you’ll catch some things that make you go “awww”. Like this moment…
As the show begins, you are taken on a journey through the most magical moments of Disney as Mickey tries to decide his favorite all-time memory with the help of his friends.
The first half features characters from Toy Story, Finding Dory, and the Disney princesses. Just watching the show was interesting enough; but then you have those moments when you realize, they are on ice skates, and you are left even more wowed!
After a 30 minute intermission, the second half brings Mickey and his friends back on the ice. In this half, Sorcerer Mickey makes an appearance with a fantastic scene from Fantasia, and features from the two most popular Disney movies in recent years, Frozen and Moana. I loved hearing everyone in the audience sing along with the songs from those two movies!
The end of the show brought all the characters onto the ice for a spectacular finale!
Overall, I was really impressed with this Disney on Ice show. It had been a long time since I had seen Disney on Ice (we’re talking 25 plus years here, people). It was magical then and it is still magical now.
If you are on the fence about going to the show this weekend, just do it. The tickets are super reasonably priced and it’s a fantastic bargain. This is a great way to experience the Disney magic with your kids.
The show continues all weekend through Monday. Tickets are still available!
Some tips before you head to the show:
- Dress Warm! It’s chilly inside considering there is a big ice skating rink in the middle of the arena. There are also many moments that the arena gets even colder (think Elsa).
- But, Dress the Part! There are so many kids in costumes. If your kid has a favorite character or you have their Halloween costumes from last year, dress them up!
- Consider Headphones! If you have a little one that is sensitive to noise, consider noise-canceling headphones. It was pretty loud in there with the music.
- The show is 2 hours long with a half hour intermission. Each half is about 45 minutes long.
- Plan for Extras and Stick to a Budget! It’s easy to splurge when it comes to Disney. I mean, come on, they had a crown with mouse ears and a snow-cone in a Beauty & the Beast teacup. And don’t get me started on the bubble makers. Ah! So much cuteness. But just a lemonade in a souvenir cup set us back $15. So if you have a budget, be ready to stick to it!
- Speaking of a budget, plan for the expense of parking. Most garages in Hartford have a standard event rate posted at their entrance.
- Allow time to park, walk to the XL Center, go through security, pick up tickets (if needed) and find your seats. If you want to grab concessions first, allow for that as well.
- There is a 30 minute intermission. Pro Tip: Head to the bathrooms right when the princesses finish their set. You’ll avoid the major bathroom lines!
- For tips and tricks on navigating the XL Center, check out our more complete review from 2017.
TO PURCHASE TICKETS
The show will run through January 20, 2020 at the XL Center in Hartford.
- January 17, 7:00 p.m.
- January 18, 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- January 19, 12:00 p.m., 4:00 p.m.
- January 20, 1:00 p.m.
Tickets start at $15 and can be purchased online here.